THE ultimate superfood
It is the most complete food on the planet, an algae with multiple virtues, rich in vitamins and minerals.
Spirulina , a small blue-green microscopic algae (due to its pigments rich in chlorophyll and phycocyanin), has been recognized as a superfood for over 30 years to provide energy.
The interest in this seaweed is surely due to all the essential elements it contains for our health. Food for some, supplement for others...
Spirulina is a source of amino acids (which form its proteins, up to 70%), which are easy to digest. It also contains carotenoids which serve as precursors for the synthesis of vitamin A; ALA and GLA omega-3 fatty acids that help lower cholesterol to support cardiovascular wellness, improve mental health and cognitive function, and strengthen connective tissues for improved joint mobility; vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, E and K and finally, the following trace elements: iron, manganese, selenium, zinc, calcium, potassium and magnesium.
Being very rich in chlorophyll, it particularly promotes the absorption of iron in the blood. In addition, the results of several studies confirm the therapeutic virtues of its chlorophyll, here they are:
- Alkalinizes the body (combats acidity) and stimulates the immune system
- Helps digestion and detoxifies (liver, lungs, colon)
- Helps to counter anemia, (resemblance to heme of hemoglobin)
- Increases cell oxygenation, circulatory system (red blood cells)
- Fights germs and deodorizes (bad breath)
- Decreases intestinal fermentation (gas and bloating) and the growth of microorganisms such as candida albicans
- Decreases constipation problems and helps block carcinogens,
- Antioxidant properties (anti-aging), prevents cell damage
- Promotes healing of wounds, reduces itching and acts as a healing and repairing agent for the skin and mucous membranes (ulcers, burns, cuts)
- Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antimicrobial properties.
Who can take spirulina?
- Anyone wishing to practice a healthy diet and acquire overall health
- People who are dieting or watching their weight
- People who suffer from arthritis and/or inflammation
- People with diseases of the digestive system
- People who lack energy
- People who work a lot
- Athletes of all levels
For the choice of a good spirulina supplementation, check its origin and its quality. The best in our eyes is that of the New Roots company, certified organic.