Vegetable butter recipe based on soy lecithin
What is soy lecithin?
Soy lecithin is a food obtained from crushed and pressed soybeans. It is created from fatty acids, phosphates and glycerols combined. It contains one of the components found in egg yolk and that our liver normally produces.
Soy lecithin is extracted by cold pressing the soybean to obtain the oil. The oil is then heated and mixed with water in order to obtain a gelatin from which the lecithin separates easily which will become small grains/a fine powder once dried.
Its benefits for your health
This famous lecithin has several benefits for your health. It is beneficial for your nervous system and it can help prevent various neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's for example. It also helps protect your arteries against fat accumulation and helps improve your digestion.
It is possible to consume it on a regular basis at the rate of one tablespoon per day in your meals. But as lecithin is rich in fat, it is important not to consume it excessively!
It is often used in pastry as an additive, because it allows fats to be fixed with water, it is an excellent trick to know for making homemade pastries and breads.
We thought of offering you a recipe for healthy butter from soy lecithin.
To make your vegetable butter from soy lecithin, the ingredients required are:
- 150ml soy milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered soy milk
- 1 tablespoon soy lecithin granules
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of yeast
- 200ml coconut oil
- A pinch of salt (to taste)
Here are the steps to make the butter:
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor until they are ground, except the coconut oil.
- Gradually add the coconut oil to incorporate it into the crushed mixture.
- Once crushed and mixed, take a container to pour the mixture, cover the container and put it in the refrigerator so that the paste gains consistency for a few hours.
- Remove from the fridge and use in your favorite recipes!
To purchase Soy Lecithin from NOW, click here!