Hawthorn II - 60 Vegcaps - AOR
UseHawthorn (Crataegus laevigata) is a small thorny tree native to northwestern Europe. For thousands of years, traditional medicine has prescribed hawthorn for a variety of uses, from a sore throat to a troubled heart. Hawthorn is rich in flavonoids and other compounds that are responsible for its heart health benefits.
The components of hawthorn exert their heart-helping actions in several ways:
- Hawthorn increases the force of heart contractions and blood flow, while reducing oxygen demand.
- It reduces deposits in the arteries, lowers blood pressure, reduces irregular heartbeats, lowers resting pulse rate and lowers cholesterol levels.
- Clinical trials with hawthorn have confirmed its beneficial effects on the heart and shown that it can relieve symptoms associated with heart failure.
- It also increases exercise performance.
RecommendationsAdults: Take 1-2 capsules daily with or without food or as directed by healthcare practitioner.
Use for a minimum of 2 months to see beneficial effects.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking cardiac glycosides such as digitalis/digoxin or blood pressure medication, or if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Our advice does not replace the advice of a doctor.