The powers of spirulina
Spirulina , a small blue-green microscopic algae (due to its pigments rich in chlorophyll and phycocyanin), has been a superfood known for over 30 years to provide energy.
The interest in this seaweed is surely due to all the essential elements it contains for our health.
Spirulina is a source of amino acids (which form its proteins, up to 70%), which are easy to digest. It also contains carotenoids which serve as precursors for the synthesis of vitamin A; omega-3 fatty acids to help lower cholesterol to support cardiovascular wellness, improve mental health and cognitive function, and strengthen connective tissues for improved joint mobility.
It contains a panoply of vitamins: A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, E and K and finally, the following trace elements: iron, manganese, selenium, zinc, calcium, potassium and magnesium.
Its benefits are significant
Being very rich in chlorophyll, it particularly promotes the absorption of iron in the blood. In addition, the results of several studies confirm the therapeutic virtues of its chlorophyll, here they are:
- Alkalinizes the body (combats acidity) and stimulates the immune system
- Helps digestion and detoxifies (liver, lungs, colon)
- Helps fight anemia,
- Increases cell oxygenation, circulatory system (red blood cells)
- Fights germs and deodorizes (bad breath)
- Decreases intestinal fermentation (gas and bloating) and the growth of microorganisms such as candida albicans
- Decreases constipation problems and helps block carcinogens,
- Antioxidant properties (anti-aging), prevents cell damage
- Promotes healing of wounds, reduces itching and acts as a healing and repairing agent for the skin and mucous membranes (ulcers, burns, cuts)
- Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and anti-microbial properties.
Who can consume spirulina?
Spirulina is suitable for anyone wishing to practice a healthy diet and gain overall health, people who are dieting or watching their weight, people who suffer from arthritis and/or inflammation. It is also suitable for people with diseases of the digestive system, people in convalescence, people who need extra energy, people who have a lifestyle at risk of overwork and even athletes of all levels.
For the choice of a good spirulina supplementation, check its origin and its quality. It is available in tablets or powder that can suit your preferences. The best in our eyes is that of the New Roots company, certified organic. Boost your energy with New Roots Spirulina !